Pregnancy, weight loss are some of the reasons that one can’t achieve a flat abdomen no matter how much exercise or diet you do. You can consider having Tummy tuck to achieve that taut tummy that you want.
Tummy tuck is a surgical that involves removal of loose skin and fat and tightening of muscles in your abdomen resulting to a smoother and firmer midsection. It can also remove of some stretch marks at the lower abdomen. Different from liposuction but you can have one with tummy tuck.
1. Men and women who are healthy and in stable weight.
2. People who don’t smoke.
3. Women who no longer have plans of having children.
If you’re planning in having more children, the muscles that would tighten in the tummy tuck surgery would just collapsed and separate again.
Note that the procedure would cause permanent scars. Creams and ointments may be prescribed and lighten the scar but otherwise still permanent.
Your surgeon can either recommend intravenous sedation or general anesthesia prior to surgery. The primary tummy tuck incision is U-shaped, from one hip to the other and in between the pubic hairline and belly button. You can have three options:
1. Complete or Full Abdominoplasty-including the primary tuck incision, incision is also made above and below the belly button. Excess skin is removed from above the navel down to the pubic area. This produces a flat stomach.
2. Partial or Mini Abdominoplasty- much shorter primary incision. Usually done to people that have belly pouch under the navel. Can be done through C-section scar.
3. Extended or High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty-much longer incision. Includes tummy tuck in abdomen and lifting the muscles in outer thigh area.
Post Tummy Tuck Surgery
Abdomen will feel sore and tender. Pain medications will be prescribed.
Bed rest for a few days is usually required.
You would be ask to wear elastic compression garment. Will be worn for few weeks for the swelling and skin support.
If you have traditional/non absorbable sutures will typically be removed within the first week or two.
Usual side effects include redness, bruising, and swelling. But usually subside in one to three weeks.
Full tummy tuck recovery might take up 6 or more months. Instructions will be given to you on how to position yourself whether sitting or lying down.
Limitations of strenuous activities. You may also need to take a work off post-surgery for proper recovery.
Any surgery has risks:
Satisfactions rates are generally high after surgery. Though the skin was tighten it can loosen again by gaining or losing weight. The same effect goes to being pregnant after having the tummy tuck procedure. Avoiding weight gain/loss and pregnancy the results should be permanent.
Aging is another factor, the skin naturally loosen as we age. With that you can’t do anything.
You can maintain the results of tummy tuck by diet and exercise.
If you are deciding where to have a cosmetic surgery, having it in the Philippines is definitely a safe and the best decision. To know more about tummy tuck surgery and other cosmetic surgery procedures, check out our other blog posts.
Watch on Youtube | Tummy Tuck Surgery Manila Philippines By The Renewed You Aesthetic Center